A list to close 2016:
- Find your strengths, and accept your weaknesses.
- Settle into a job that you love. Apply and apply. Don’t take rejections personally.
- Start on the newsletter. Write an article. Have at least 4 pieces to edit by January.
- Have an honest conversation with the boy. The time for pretences is over.
- Tell my parents that I love them. Accept that they are fallible creatures, as are you.
2016 has been one heck of a year.
Just a few brief months into the year, I have had to learn to take charge of the chaos that is life, even as I realised that I was not ready to release the reins of childish ignorance.
One thing that I am certain though, is that I cannot go through my days with bated breath. I will not mar good days with the worry that bad days will inevitably follow. They will come, without a doubt. But I will handle them with my head held high. Deep breaths. Take the plunge.
I will do all things with guts, and with grace.